Civil Litigation Attorneys in Atlanta
More Than 50 Years of Combined Legal Experience: (770) 599-5331
Geerdes & Associates, LLC is experienced in representing clients in complex and laborious cases in federal and state courts, as well as mediation and arbitration. We’re ready to put that experience to work for you. With a stellar team of Atlanta civil litigation attorneys and legal professionals, we tackle each civil litigation case with precision and tenacity.
Litigation Practice Areas:
- Mortgage Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death
- Investor/Shareholder Disputes
- Professional Malpractice
- Investment/Securities Fraud
- Civil Rights
- Defamation, Libel, Slander
Start discussing the details of your case today by calling (770) 599-5331.
Investor and Shareholder Disputes
We specialize in helping resolve shareholder/partner claims in complex, high-stakes litigation involving privately or closely held businesses. Whether the dispute is about fiduciary duty or accusations of fraud, Geerdes & Associates, LLC can help you or your company find a timely and just resolution. We represent plaintiffs and defendants, majority as well as minority shareholders.
We can help you resolve the following issues:
- Board/Shareholder/Partner Deadlock
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Corporate Waste
- Creditor Claims
- Dissenters’ Rights
- Fiduciary Duty
- Merger & Acquisition Disputes
- Merger Disputes
- Piercing the Corporate Veil
- Proxy Fights
- Shareholder Abuse Claims
- Shareholder Control Agreements
- Stock Options
- Valuation of Companies/Stock
A business investment is one of the most important decisions in your financial life, Geerdes & Associates, LLC is here to help you protect that investment.
We have experience representing small and large businesses with commercial and business disputes. We work inside and outside the courtroom to ensure our clients fast, practical, and cost-effective solutions to their business and commercial disputes. We have represented corporations, partnerships, and other entities in a variety of business related disputes relating to the following:
- Breach of contract
- Professional malpractice
- Insurance matters
- Sale and transfer of a business
- Sale and transfer of business assets
- Franchise disagreements
- Distributorship disagreements
- Sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Commercial collections
- We also handle tort-based business litigation, including commercial libel and slander, interference with contract, and fraud.
Geerdes & Associates, LLC handles construction disputes of every size and complexity. Our litigation team can help you resolve disputes such as:
- Design quality
- Changes to the plans and specifications
- Claims for delays
- Claims for differing site conditions
- Claims for cost overruns
- Claims for incomplete or incompetent work
The key to avoiding construction litigation begins with appropriate contract documents. While many in the construction arena are accustomed to using standardized forms, these are fraught with pitfalls and one-sided provisions. Our attorneys can draft new construction contracts or review and advise existing ones.
Employment and Labor Disputes
Geerdes & Associates, LLC represents clients in employment and labor related matters throughout Georgia. We handle almost every aspect of the employment relationship including:
- Employment discrimination
- Wrongful discharge
- Wage and hour disputes
- Unfair labor practice allegations
- Employment related contract
- Tort Matters
- Privacy Matters
Our goal is to assist you in obtaining the most favorable outcome possible for your employment dispute.
Our Atlanta civil litigation lawyers are aggressive, skilled, and thorough. Contact Geerdes and Associates to help you protect your rights.